Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Greetings!

I'm gonna take a break from myself and talk about some random stuff now.

Any of you watches football? And I don't mean the American version. I mean the Real Football these Americans call "soccer". (Seriously America, did you run out of names for that sport?) Well I'm an avid Football(Yes, I'm gonna call it Football!) fan. I'm of the opinion that it is the best sport in the world.

First off its a pretty cost effective sport. The bare minimum you need to play is a ball, which is pretty cheap! The shoes are also optional, so basically anyone can play. This sport, in my opinion, has the power to bring people together. It has the power to tear down social barriers. But hey that can be true of any sport, right? If you come to think of it a number of sports are quite similar!

Take for example, the sports across the world that are referred to as "football"( association football, American football, Australian rules football, Canadian football, Gaelic football, rugby league, rugby union,....needed to catch a breath there!) . From a modern perspective they seem very different because we have built a strict set of rules around them. But all of these are modern interpretations of games played as long back as medieval Europe. And boy did they love it! Entire towns would play and not hard to guess, it was soon ban in England! Even Shakespeare mention it in his plays (Hamlet and Comedy of Errors I think).

Safe to say, Football (Whichever kind you prefer) rocks! Well enough on this! Peace out!

Yours Truly,

No comments:

Post a Comment