Search This Blog

Friday 13 March 2015

To The Awesomest Teacher who Taught Me Much But Never In A Classroom

Dear Raina Ma'am,

I know I promised this to you 2 days ago on your birthday but there was so much to write and I had to cut it short so I spent longer editing than actually writing. I know you will see the heart felt sentiment and ignore the little mistakes of the amateur that I am. Hope you like it. Loads of love


A crowded corridor was the set,
For the first time we met.

I knew you not,
Because you taught me not.

I was told go see Raina Ma'am for extra curriculars,
By my favourite (guess who) of all teachers.

Outside your classroom with a folder filled with certificates I stood,
That wait put me in a nervous mood.

"What do I say?
My case how do I lay?"

Finally from the class you came out,
I spoke out then letting go of my doubts.

"Ma'am... Ma'am... I... I...",
Don't think I even looked you in the eye.

But you managed to coax it out of me,
Then told me about the talent contest you hold annually.

I'm sure I can say that piece again from memory,
I did well taking that opportunity seriously.

Since then I have reveled in the chances I've gotten,
But I have composed this to tell you that the start of it all I haven't forgotten.

I'm not the student you deserve; he would be much better,
I on the other hand have been getting fatter.

But trust me even when I don't call or text,
Doesn't mean I have not remembered you that day or the next.

"Lord, Keep her in your Grace,
May your love continue radiating through her face."

Let me end on an apology,
and for all my transgressions say sorry.



Yours Truly,
Merwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment