Search This Blog

Saturday 27 July 2013

A Hat-Tip To Heroes Of "Yours Truly"

My Dear Readers,

I have reached a 1000 pageviews and what I noticed is that it isn't about the pageviews anymore. It is about writing my thoughts and emotions and also being up to the mark for my loyal readers who have truly stuck it out with me! So here is to another 1000 followed by another!

But being very honest, the real heroes are you dear Readers.  But there have been a few specific people who have encouraged me to keep going. Without whom this would be just another anonymous blog on the internet to be read by few and recognized by none. These people's contribution to the blog has been far beyond content and words. Theirs has been the role of motivator and inspiration. Here is a tribute to them.

I started out as an angry young man
Plagued with frustrations, nowhere to vent
The concept of a blog dawned on me
And thus began "Yours Truly,".

A random rant here and there
The occasional thought put down
My name wasn't associated with them
This crap, none should know is mine

I don't know what changed
I had the urge to share these private grumblings
Another one who wrote some killer stuff
Ayesha, thank you for the push to go public, Ma'am.

Then came time to post on Facebook
The time to know if my incoherent talk could garner interest and appreciation
Among the ones who really knew what good writing was
And with that Special One too.

The reaction to it was like being hit by a truck
The good kind though that makes you high
Positive feedback flooding in
Hoover dam wouldn't be able to hold back this nectar to my ears.

Special mention to Minny, my little sister
That sweet Facebook message was my pride for that entire week
And to Palak, you crazy medical aspirant
thanks for your constant encouragement but Commerce still kicks ass!

Writers I have known many
Few of the caliber of my first corroborator, Meghana
A person who recognized not my mere words but the emotion they enshrined
"Insecurities" was all your work and thank you I cannot enough.

The numerous others who I cannot recall due to my weak memory
My gratitude toward you all is immense and deep
If not for the frequent feedback, encouragement, charges of being sexist,
My memory of the blog too would have been foggy.

My topics I chose were the ones that were staring me in the face
Ones I thought were the obvious "elephants in the room"
But down the road you the Heroes please step in and guide me
Writer's block has been known to be fatal, you know.

Continue I sure will, onward and upward
Know not where I am going to land but the journey begins here
But if ever I end up with my life remotely resembling success
I thank thee, My Heroes.


And there ends another of my pathetic attempts at poetry. The sentiments expressed though are sincere. i think I will get too emotional if I continue. So till next time, Auf Wiedersehen
Yours Truly,


No comments:

Post a Comment