Search This Blog

Monday 1 July 2013

The Good Guys And The Bad Guys (Part 2)

Greetings Dear Readers,

I have finally made this blog public but I'm going to keep the same style of expression. But I would welcome feedback,suggestions and ideas. Since many of my new found readers liked the first part I've decided to write a sequel. Hope it lives up to the first!

I originally planned for TGGATBGs to be about Perspective. That was the originally planned title but I changed it just prior to publication. This sequel is more in that vein.

I bet I'm probably the only guy who has read The Chronicles of Narnia books. All 7 (Yes there are 7!) of them and they have had a profound effect on my way of thinking. Especially a scene from the last book, "The Last Battle" (The movies really killed this series...) is a real master piece and in my opinion the character of Aslan (Yes, the Lion who talks) is based on Jesus Christ. (Not a very long shot since the author C.S. Lewis was renowned for his War-time radio broadcasts on Christianity)

There is this one line he says that really got me thinking. its essence was...
"Even though you worship that hideous Idol in your temple, If you do it with pure devotion, your devotion is ultimately to me"
This line makes you wonder if religion is a lie. Is it a scam? Or is there really one true way to God? I will leave that for you to decide. (I personally am a staunch monotheist and believe there is one God) But Religion is an ideal way to demonstrate perspective.

The Crusades of Medieval times, was Perspective at its worst. You see, Jerusalem (Over which most of the issue was in the first place) was a strategic strong point that just happened to be a religious center as well. So  any politically motivated move to take Jerusalem could have easily been transformed into a religious Casus Belli. So the religious head, the Pope threatened to disown Catholics if they didn't join "The Holy War".

The reaction of the average Catholic,"Hey if the Holy Father is so serious about this, it must be worth all the bloodshed involved!" Well, weren't you wrong! The Crusades screwed over Europe and nearly wiped out a couple of generations.

This is a classic example of our herd mentality. We Do not WANT to rationally justify. We find it easier(and in fact it is easier) to follow the guy who makes the best articulated speech. The guy who looks the best. The guy who represents the best you can become. Unfortunately in Post WWI Germany, that guy was a stud named Adolf Hitler.

So we are the reasons for the wars? We are the ones who get the Hitlers of the world into power. We start the mess. This picture denotes our power perfectly!
So the view I'm trying to put for with this one is plain and simple
"Are you voting a Hitler-in-the-making to power?"

That's where I will leave it. Till next time, Hasta la Vista!

Yours Truly, 



No comments:

Post a Comment